Monday, February 7, 2011

Things We Love...Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to the Things We Love Paper Makeup Stamps VIP Blog Hop! Paper Makeup Stamps is celebrating it's 2nd birthday and to celebrate the occasion, we are having a super fun VIP blog hop with the theme "the things we love". The entire design team has invited special crafters to play along in this hop. You can see the list of everyone participating in this hop in the linky tool below. But you will want to stop by the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to enter yourself to win a super fabulous prize!

I was trying to decide what PMS image to use on my card today. I LOVE the Beautiful Day Fairies...they are what attracted me to this company, but I decided on a Moody Girl. I'll never forget when Katie revealed these girls to the design team with a warning "not to be afraid of them"! I was so intimidated to color one, but once I did I realized they are so fun to color and offer many options of color. So I chose Moody for Love. I thought she would be perfect for this love-themed hop.

There are a couple of other things in here that I love. First of all the colors. I love any colors that go with brown. This pink/red/brown/vanilla combo just makes me drool! The paper is from the Crazy Love pack by Bo Bunny. I just picked this up at my LSS last week...just yummy! I stamped the Moody Girl on white PTI paper, colored it, and cut/embossed it with a scallop circle nestie, then realized the white was too white for this paper. So I swirled some Pink Pirouette ink around it while still in the die. Then on the edges where you could still see white, I inked it up with tea dye distress ink...it made it look like vanilla cardstock! The XOXO sentiment is from the Hugs and Kisses stamp set. Another thing I love are my star dust stickles, which I used on some of the hearts. (Some of the hearts were stamped a second time and popped up for more dimension.) And the last thing in the picture I love is the chocolate covered cherry candy...LOVE them!

The sketch is the new one for February from Sketch for You To Try. The colors qualify for the CR84FN color challenge of light pink, bright pink, and brown.






And now I'm going to send you off to my good friend and very talented guest for today's VIP hop, Cheryl Rowley! She chose Bronto the dinosaur for her card because she loves the Dustin Dinos in the PMS store. Please show her some love...you will love her style for sure! Thanks for participating in our hop, Cheryl! :-)

Thanks for hopping with us today. If you just happened to stop in, please go to the PMS blog and start hopping along with us! Have a great week!



Photobucket

30 comments:

Cheryl said...

He he! I'll be your first comment too! Love your beautiful card! These Moody girls are so classic and elegant~hey, just like you!
Thanks so much for inviiting me along for this fun blog hop! I'll try to travel later in the day!
(Thanks for the not about the email-it hadn't come through when I was doing my post, but there it was this morning in time to edit!)
Thanks so much for the bday image!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card...what a lovely image!! The layout and paper are both fantastic!!

Rita said...

beautiful card... thanks for the blog hop!

Jenny said...

WoW...this is gorgeous! I love your color comobos!

Judy said...

Wow! Fantastic looking card!

Angie Blom said...

This is so beautiful. love the colours!

Sharman said...

Nice job on the colors of this card. Great job on the coloring.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa!!! I love how you do your inking up of the image/sentiments!! Such a very soft and feminine card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute valentine, love the addition of your heart embellies! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

Ms. Jen said...

Great job on this! Definitely my fav so far....

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love her eyes~you always do such an great job coloring! The lil' heart buttons are a wonderful touch :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Me again~ Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Unknown said...

Oh...gorgeous! Love the sparkly hearts!

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, LOVE that moody girl and all of those FAB hearts! Really PRETTY card! LOVE the papers! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Unknown said...

Cute image! Love the heart buttons too!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Deborah Frings said...

Love that image, so pretty!! And your button hearts are such a sweet touch! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Stephanie Zito said...

So gorgeous Lisa! Love your choice of colours!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Love these Moody Girls! She is colored perfectly and that little bit of glittery goodness is the perfect finishing touch. I beautiful Valentine's Day card, indeed ;D

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the cute and sweet look of this creation. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Andrea M said...

Very pretty Lisa!! What a great mix of DPs!!! And those heart buttons are lovely!! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!! We really appreciate your participation!!!

Katie Cotton said...

love love love this! Truly i do! Just fantastic! You are such an amazing supporter! I am so fortunate to have you as a senior team member and friend!!!

FibreJunky said...

I was intimidated by the Moody Girls to begin with, but now I'm just head over heals. LOVE what you've done here!!

Carma said...

I love these colors! Gorgeous!!!

Anne Tussing said...

I love your card! The colors are so great and you've colored the Moody Girl so perfectly! The sparkly and extra details are fun too:)

Ginny said...

I love all the glittery heart and the coloring. I can't believe those heart buttons, LOVE them!!! Haven't seen those around before.

Randee E said...

I love those little hearts and all of the pink (and brown) :0)And I love the tea dyed ink, need to look for that! Everything came together so beautifully. I love it when multi-tasking actually works!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa this is so PRETTY!

Stella said...

That image is beautiful and your mix of pattrned papers is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN this week!

Dawn B. said...

I love the shape of her face... Very chic.. Your coloring is fabulous girlfriend..Fear not. Great job.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card, Lisa! LOVE all the hearts! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin