Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just Us Girls #72 - Color Challenge

Happy Saturday! It's time for another color challenge from Just Us Girls! Today, Kathryn is our hostess and she has chosen some really pretty colors...melon, light aqua, and kraft. Here's what I did with them.The damask is from Papertrey Ink's Damask Designs and the sentiment is from Just the Ticket, also from PTI. I stamped the damask in SU's groovy guava, cut and embossed with a nestie, and then I swirled some antique linen distress ink around it. The dp is Basic Grey's Marrakech. I made a small bow with some shabby seam binding from Debbie Marcinkiewicz's Etsy shop. A mini prima rose and some pearls finished it off. The sketch is from this week's Splitcoast sketch.

We have a very special new addition to our Just Us Girls team. Elise Durenberger. She is going to be a delightful addition to our team for sure! Please visit her blog and welcome her.

Stop by the JUGs blog and see what the other girls have created with these colors! Thanks for stopping in today and have a great weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: Damask Designs and Just the Ticket (PTI)
Paper: Vintage cream, kraft, Marrakech (Basic Grey)
Ink: Groovy guava, chocolate chip
Accessories: Nesties, tag die, seam binding ribbon, Prima rose, pearls, corner rounder, dimensionals

Photobucket

8 comments:

Elise said...

LISA! *Gasp!* This card is... STUNNING! I birthday greeting, worthy of a FRAME! Seriously - you made these colors SING!

Thank you, SO MUCH, for the warm and WONDERFUL welcome! This means SO much to me, I can barely string the words together, but THANK YOU, again! ...and one more thing: YEEEE HAAAAAWWWWW! {XOXO!}

Cheryl said...

I just love your bright, pretty card! These colors are terrific!
Thanks for your note!
Enjoy the time off yourself!

AKiteFlier said...

GORGEOUS Lisa - love the bold damask image and the layout you used. Great card!!!

Sue said...

Lisa, what a stunning birthday card! Love how you used these colors. Someone is going to be very happy to receive this beauty.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Andrea M said...

STUNNING Lisa!!! Love the large Damask focal point and the mix of DPs!! What a great take on the challenge colors girl!!! Fabby inspiration!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love the damask and the pretty papers and embellishments! Thanks for alerting me to my missing photo! Not sure what happened, but it's there now, I think!

Monique said...

Love that big Damask Design Lisa!! Paper choices and added pearls look fabulous. Great birthday card!!

Dana Gustafson said...

So pretty girlie! I haven't inked up my damask set in quite some time...time to bring her out to play! Thank you for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin