Friday, February 25, 2011

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Friday! Well, this is the first time I'm participating in the Papertrey Blog Hop! I wasn't planning on it, but the card I made fits the challenge so I thought I'd enter it. My card also qualifies for the Make It Monday Challenge #3. Here's my card.
I just adored the new Button Boutique stamp set and coordinating dies for the set. I used the block die to cut some pretty new paper I purchased this week at AC Moore. It's from K&Company called Madeline. It reminded me of chintz fabric...perfect for this pinked-edged block. The buttons were cut from Vintage Cream and stamped with the four different button stamps from Button Boutique. I used Certainly Celery and Purely Pomegranate. The Pomegranate ink is a second generation stamping to get the lighter color I wanted. The buttons were strung with some floss in coordinating colors. I also made a strip of glitter using scor-tape and glitter. This was this week's Make It Monday challenge. The sentiment is from Star Prints and was stamped in black Versafine ink. For the blog hop challenge, you were to use scallops on your card. Can you see my scalloped buttons?

Here is a closeup of the glitter strip in case you can't see it.
Of course, I needed a sketch to follow! The Splitcoast sketch this week is what gave me the idea for this card. Now that I'm looking at it, I think I was supposed to have a different color paper above the glitter strip...too late now! And I love the way this card came together! How about you?

Thanks for stopping in today! I'll back tomorrow with a really cool 3D/Technique challenge from Just Us Girls, so make sure you stop by!

Recipe
Stamps: Button Boutique and Star Prints (PTI)
Paper: Vintage cream, Madeline (K&Co.)
Ink: Versafine black, certainly celery, purely pomegranate
Accessories: Button Card Collection dies and Buttoned Up #2 dies (PTI), floss, scor tape, MS glitter, dimensionals

Photobucket

15 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love it.

Crystal said...

OOOO This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE these colors and layout Lisa!

Mad for Paper said...

This is just so beautiful. Very calming.
TFS
Ang

lam said...

So beautiful and elegant. Love the colours

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! So soft and pretty!

Kerry Crockett said...

Beautiful card! Such a pretty color combo!

Pat said...

What a sweet card. Great color combo and interpretation of the sketch. I'm bookmarking this one future inspiration.

Andrea M said...

Oh LIsa I do adore this card! Love your use of the scalloped buttons! This has such a lovely shabby feel! Just beautiful GF!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

This is really beautiful! I'm a New Yorker too...east side over by Saratoga Springs. Are you snowed in? We just got another foot of snow yesterday!
Danielle
www.danielleflanders.blogspot.com

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors and your glitter strip!

Kay D said...

I just love the soft romantic feel of this card- the colors are wonderful and your button swatches couldn't be any sweeter!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the PP you used too.

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oooh! Envious I am that you already have the button set in hand and have inked it up in such a cute way. THat DP looks fab with the pinked squares!

Kathryn B said...

BEAUTIFUL card Lisa! I so want these new dies!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin