Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just Us Girls #73 - 3D/Template Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone! What do you say to a 3D/Template Challenge from Just Us Girls? Pam is our hostess with the mostess this week and she has challenged us to create an Envelope Gift Box. We've all been making those bulky cards that won't fit into an envelope, so this envelope box is the perfect idea. You can find the tutorial here in the SCS Resources section. The best thing is that it only takes one sheet of cardstock to create with some scoring, a few snips, and some tape and you're done!

I was at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, this week and picked up some fun products to use on my bulky card that fits perfectly into my envelope box. Here they are together.First, let's talk about the card. Silhouettes were focused on the Moxie Fab World blog a little while ago and I love silhouettes, especially on cameo jewelry. My dad always loved them too.

Isn't she beautiful? I don't know who makes this stamp as there is nothing stamped on the wood mount. I stamped her in Versamark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. It's cut with a nestie and shaded with antique linen distress ink. The dp is Graphic 45 Romantique paper...love Graphic 45! The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages (stamped in black Versafine for a crisp impression), the crystal flourish is from AC Moore (only $1), and the roses are new Prima roses. Sharon, the owner of Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, had just received them when I was there. They were still in the box, and she let me rummage through until I came out with three packages of different colored roses! You'll be seeing lots of them in upcoming projects, I'm sure! It was a very simple card and the sketch is from The Sweet Stop. I see the spin on the sketch was supposed to be Spring...maybe my new roses count for that!

Now for the challenge. To create that Envelope Gift Box. I chose black as my base and glammed it up! I wanted the bottom part (the black part) to be embossed, but it wouldn't fit into my Cuttlebug and was a little tight for my Caliber, so I cut a piece to fit and ran that through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. The top part uses another piece of the Graphic 45 paper and is edged with a fleur de lis border. I distressed that piece with some antique linen ink as well. I added some more crystal flourishes. For a closure, I wanted to add ribbon, but any ribbon I put on it just didn't look right. So I used this elastic closure I used on this My Time Made Easy box. It worked like a charm and is attached with this pretty little floral antique-looking brad that my friend, Michele Ghent, gifted to me a while back. Love how this looks!

And here is the box open to reveal the card resting contentedly inside. More than enough room inside this box so those precious flowers are not squished!

So...have I piqued your creative curiosity? Are you ready to join our challenge? I hope so! Please stop by the JUGs blog to get more inspiration. We also have Lori Kalus as our guest designer in her final week. Thanks for being such a great guest, Lori! Please visit the blogs of our fab design team while you are there, too!

Thanks for stopping by today! Please make sure you stop by a lot in the next week or so. I have new releases from My Time Made Easy and Paper Makeup Stamps on board and my first Christmas Stampin' All Year Long card as a DT member! Lots of fun stuff to see! Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Andrea M said...

Lisa, this is absolutely, 100% STUNNING! The silhouette, flowers, DP and bling are so elegant and GORGEOUS! And the closure...WOW! What a beautiful gift!

AKiteFlier said...

WOW - wow - WOW Lisa what a stunning set. The silhouette is so striking - I still have some silhouette photos of my mother and aunt when they were children - this reminded me of them. I MUST find some of those elastic closures - they are perfect for things like this - an absolutely drool-worthy project.

Shaela said...

this is gorgeous! so pretty and elegant and classy :)

Elise said...

WHAT a fantastic pairing! I'm ready to make more, more, more! YOUR card: *GASP!* It's all soooooo stunning and craftilicious, my friend! I simply am giddy over your use of texture and that rich, rich border! Gosh, this is a project fit for a queen! NOT TO METION, your FANTASTIC closure mechanism! MEOOOOOOWWWWWW! Thanks for the purely FABULOUS inspiration, you crafty, crafty goddess!

Anne Tussing said...

Very pretty and elegant!!

Dana Gustafson said...

So very elegant! I love your new silhouette stamp paired with the pretty roses and patterned paper. Brilliant!

Maria said...

What a lovely elegant set! Love the flowers and flourish bling! Fabulous silhouette!

Kathryn B said...

Love the silouette image Lisa! Your box and card look like old fashioned elegance if there is such a thing! Loving the rich brown papers you've used!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin