Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Time Made Easy Gets Cagey!

Hello friends! I'm here today with a preview of what's to come from My Time Made Easy in March. Lauren never ceases to amaze the design team month after month! You are going to love what she has in store for you, I'm sure of it!

I'm sharing the Caged template today. It's truly a fantastic template!
Amazing right? I just love it! And it's huge...like 10" tall! I wanted the cage to have a nice patina, so I sponged the vanilla cardstock with broken china, scattered straw, and tea dye distress inks. It really doesn't show up very well...I'm disappointed in the photography because I spent SO MUCH TIME sponging it! LOL!! You'll be able to see it better in another photo later in the post. The decorative piece around the top of the bird cage is a piece of Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime paper. I used a vine border punch from EK Success all around one edge for some interest. Some seam binding from Debbie Marcinkiewicz's Etsy store and an aqua rose finish off the bottom.The top is finished off with a new cut file called Cornice Trimmed Square. (There are also cut files in an oval, circle, and rectangle shapes.) The template comes with a square, but I wanted to fancy it up a bit and used the cut file. Versatility! You can see more of the color I got from the sponing in this photo too. I wanted to show you the detail on the base. Look at the pretty curve...like the Cornice Trimmed cut file I used for the top. Lauren doesn't leave any detail untouched! There really is a lot of thought and work put into these templates. Again, you can see the color on the template better in this close-up. Now for all of you cardmakers, MTME has two new stamp sets (and they will also be available in digi form) being released this month as well. On this card, I've used the Singing Silhouette stamp set. There are a variety of different birds (in silhouette form), the tree limb, bird nest, flowers and more in this set. Here I used the Cornice Trimmed oval cut file and stamped my images on vanilla cardstock. I distressed a piece of soft sky cardstock and used the same Graphic 45 and border punch as on the bird cage. The sketch is a Fall to Layout from the Clean and Simple blog.
If you'd like to see more, Lauren and Katie are both posting previews of the March release, so make sure you stop by their blogs to be wowed!

Whew! Long post! So what do you think? I'd love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your day!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful bird cage and coordinating card, Lisa!

Sara said...

Lisa this your birdcage is AMAZING...LOVE IT!!!! Your sponge work is AWESOME!

Andrea M said...

Super FABULICIOUS!!! Lisa, this is absolutely STUNNING! The template is fabulous but you've brought a whole new dimension of fabulousness to it!!! Thanks for all the pictures showing the beautiful detail!

Monique said...

Soooooo Beautiful Lisa.. Your sponging turned out fantastic.. the paper the border punch , Little blue rose.. It all goes perfect.. I love how you fancied up the top to .Great idea!! Love this!!

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful Lisa!!!! The patina look is perfect :)

AKiteFlier said...

Stunning Lisa - I love your sponging - delightful colors - and the final product is truly spectacular - your card is beautiful as well. WELL DONE!!

Shaela said...

wow, GORGEOUS creation!! Beautiful job :)

Dana Gustafson said...

FABULOUS is what I think!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwww, cool bird cage and beautiful card!! Love them!

Carma said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous! Exquisite detail!!!

Unknown said...

So soft and feminine, and WONDERFUL!! :) Love this Lisa, amazing job!!

Kathryn B said...

Beautiful Lisa! Love the soft look of the cage and your beautiful card. That design paper is just the right touch!

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Lisa! How clever to sponge the colors to create a patina on the cage. The shabby seam binding looks wonderful on your amazing creation :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin