Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Time Made Easy Release Day - Make It Personal

Hi everyone! Today is February 1st (time's flying again!) and it's release day for My Time Made Easy. If you've been following the peeks, you would have seen that there is one template called Creative Card Candy and three stamp sets...Bold Botanicals, Framed Elegance, and Monograms Defined, and three cut files...Framed Elegance and two notecard/envelopes. My project today, making it personal, uses the template, two of the cut files, and Monograms Defined.

I chose to make a note card set for my friend, Cheryl Rowley. She's doing a favor for me next week (you'll just have to stop by to see what the favor is!), so I wanted to give her something special. We met up on Saturday for some stamp shopping and I gave it to her then. I think she liked it! ;-) Here's the set.
I started with the paper. MTME has some fabulous digi paper being released today, and I used this damask pattern from the Warm Serenity pack. I love this pattern and the cherry and sand colors. I made the box out of cherry cardstock, and the wrapper in sand. I used the cherry and damask paper on the top of the box.
Since I was personalizing the box, I used the Framed Elegance cut file to create the monogram. I stamped Cheryl's initials with the new Monograms Defined stamp set...I LOVE this set! It's just so pretty! I added some pearls and sponged around the edge. The Just Us Girls challenge this week is to make your own flower, so I used the Rambling Rose cut file from MTME to make these beauties. Lauren Meader has video tutorial on how to make them...easy peasy!Then, of course, I had to fill the box! So I used the Creative Card/Envelope 2 cut file for the note cards and matching envelope. I kept it simple by just adding her first initial to a circle punch. The envelope was cut using presentation paper (I bought this from Office Max and it's what I use to print my digi paper on also) and I stamped the leaf image on the flap of the envelope. The six cards and envelopes fit nicely in the box. The box is tied nicely with ribbon that's sandwiched between the wrapper and the digi paper inside.
I must say that this project did not take long at all to make. I love this template....it has so many uses, as you'll see from the MTME DT. We also have a guest designer joining us this month...Naomi Thompson. The links to their blogs are listed below.



Thanks for stopping in today. Stop by My Time Made Easy to see all the new products. Also don't forget to visit the Gallery while you are there. It's chock full of all of the projects the DT have created over the last year. Have a great day!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is just the most beautiful thing ever!!!! Seriously this is jaw dropping amazing! Your colors are beautiful, your roses are perfect and the details are just fabulous!!!

Cheryl said...

It is amazing and it's MINE! I am so lucky! Lisa, the box is gorgeous in it's own right and then to open it and find those adorable (and personalized) notecards inside (with hand made envelopes!!) was so, so fun! I just love everything about it from the classy colors, to the letters and the papers! Oh, My!
Thank you!

Debbie said...

Lisa, your gift set is absolutely STUNNING! The papers you used in your design are so pretty and those handmade flowers -- be still my shabby heart - gorgeous :)

Carma said...

Fabulous colors!! I LOVE the red and sand together and the flowers are amazing!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Beautiful! This has got to be the best release yet!

Monique said...

Wow !! Stunning Lisa..Great colors and your roses are gorgeous!!! Love this :)

velta said...

Hi Lisa ~ This is just awesome...You have ispired me so much that I will buy this set! Love the colors of that new DP too! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pretty Lisa!! WOW! LOVE your color combo...and I adore that paper! Gorgeous!! What a well thought out set...great details too...right on girl!!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is magnificent - I just LOVE it - what a great gift for Cheryl - she's an AMAZING designer, too by the way - didn't know she was your friend!!! Say hi from JUGS :-)

ANyhow -great color combo - beautiful flowers on top, too.

Naomi Thompson said...

Ooh that's stunning so elegant, do you know that is just so perfect for someone's RUBY wedding anniversary!! Hugs x

Lauren (mytime) said...

OK someone help me pick my jaw up off the floor so I can say how AMAZING this is. WOW doesn't cover it

Kathryn B said...

Wow! this one is so rich and elegant looking you really do have an eye for color Lisa! Love it!!!

Andrea M said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This has to be one of the most beautiful, elegant stationary sets I've ever seen!!! STUNNING Lisa - you're friend will LOVE it too :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin