Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Spar-ka-lay!!

Happy Friday!  Boy, am I glad to see this day get here!  I'm very stressed work lately and it's really dragging me down.  Wine and chocolate are my best friends lately!  Sigh!

But what keeps me going is my stamping.  I'm really happy to go into my basement and do some crafting.  Today over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, we've been challenged to create something "SPAR-KA-LAY" using Bugaboo stamps.  I love snowmen, and I chose Bobble Head Christmas Snowman to work with.  I just love this little guy!
I started with this great sketch from Deconstructed Sketches and used Basic Grey's Jovial paper pack.  To make it "SPAR-KA-LAY", I used some chunky glitter on the wooden Maya Road snowflakes and the snow the snowman is standing on.  I also used it on the falling snowflakes and a little on his hat.  I colored him (or tried to!) according to an article I saw in Cardmaker magazine.  It was all about shadows.  I think I need a little more practice, but I do like it. 
Are you ready for more inspiration from the CSAYL design team?  Stop by the CSAYL blog to see for yourself!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a GREAT weekend!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO adorable Lisa! LOVE this sweet snowman and the sparkle! Hope you get less stressed...though I do love me some wine & chocolate too!!

Becky G said...

This is so dang cute, Lisa! This is a bobble head that I didn't have in my collection but it's now on my list! Love how you colored him!!!

:) Becky

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Hey, Lisa!! This is soooo cute. Love his sweet little smile and eyes. You did an awesome job coloring and sparkling him up. Hope life gets a little less stressed in the days ahead. So glad you have your crafting release!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin