Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pretty Palette #29

Happy Sunday!  I'm posting a two-fer of sorts today.  Today is my day to post a My Time Made Easy project and time for another MTME Pretty Palette color challenge.  This week's colors are.....


The colors sort of looked Christmas-y to me, so I created a gift set for my niece.  When I went to Poland this summer, I bought my niece an amber charm in the shape of a music note (she's in band at school and loves to play my keyboard...she's actually good!), and I thought I'd give it to her for Christmas.  Here's the set.


I used the Topped Off template and the Frost Bitten cut file for this project. 


I created this mitten card by welding two mittens together in my SCAL program.  The cut file comes with the cuff and the holly and berries.  I used olive and red for for the holly and ran the white cuff through a Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I used a SU marker to do some faux stictching around the perimeter of the mitten.  The paper is the FREE 12 Days of Snowflakes paper.  I altered the color in GIMP to match the aqua color.


Here's the template in a plain white.  I prettied it up by running it through a snowflake folder.  The Frost Bitten cut file was reduced to 50% to create the mittens so they would fit on top of the box.  I added bling for the berries.


And here's the inside showing the box with its lid off and the amber music charm that fits perfectly inside.  I think this is such a cute little project!

You can see more inspiration from the MTME DT also. 

Lauren Meader

Also, don't forget to stop by the MTME blog to see the Pretty Palette challenge!  We hope you can play along.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Your samples got me to give this template a go already! It's just about finished for next weeks PP challenge. I am in love with it...your embossing and those sweet mittens are gorgeous!

Velta said...

Oh Lisa this is adorable and I just know your niece will love it! Now that I have seen this, I have got to try using the adorable mittens and the "top it off" box...Sorry I was 2 minutes too late posting my Palette # 29...Have a wonderful day!

Kathryn B said...

OMG!!! This is just awesome Lisa! I love that you embossed the template it looks so good and the mitten card rocks!

Romaine said...

Lisa, this set is darling! I adore the colours with this, and the embossing is gorgeous on it!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful packaging for a lovely gift! I bought this template AND the other one too!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful packaging for a lovely gift! I bought this template AND the other one too!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

What a cute creation, Lisa. You've come up with a PERFECT combination of textures and colors. LOVE the blue, the embossing and the fabulous holly and berries. That amber music note is absolutely darling.

Annabella Merlin said...

Love the textures and colors in this project! Embossing makes such great creations! And the amber music note is an eye candy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin