Saturday, October 22, 2011

Just Us Girls #107 - 3-D Halloween Theme

Saturday!  What a great day!  No getting up at 5:00 am, fighting the traffic on the thruway, dealing with challenging kids....whoever thought of Saturday was a genius!  And whoever thought of having a Just Us Girls challenge on Saturday was also a genius!  LOL!! 

It's getting close to Halloween, and this week the JUGs challenge is a 3-D/Template challenge.  So, Maria challenged us to create a Halloween themed template or 3-D item.
I have tons of templates from My Time Made Easy (maybe it's because I'm on the design team?) and decided to use one of them...the Freshed Popped template.
This template's intended use is as a popcorn container.  I chose to make two Halloween boxes out of them...one for each of my nephews, Ethan and Kristoff.  This paper is from a K&Company Halloween pack.  I just cut them out on my Cricut and put it together...easy peasy!  The tags are also from MTME...a cut file called Frame Me.  The stamp set I used is another MTME product...A Spooky Surprise.  I stamped over the sentiment with the spider web stamp and attached the tag to the box with brads.  I decided to have them hanging off the edge so it didn't cover up the design of the paper.  Inside are some fruit roll-ups and Sour Patch candies.  They'll get more...this is just the beginning!

The JUGs design team did a fabulous creating some Halloween themed projects.  Stop by the JUGs blog to see the and to play along.  Here are the links to their blogs and our guest designer's blog.


I hope you have an enjoyable Saturday!  Thanks for stopping in today and I hope to see you playing with Just Us Girls!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Your nephews will love these Lisa! What a great idea for them...and I love the sentiment.

Crystal said...

These are fantastic Lisa, LOVE these, perfect treat boxes!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh how fun to fill these with goodies and give away! Very cute papers you used too!

Maureen said...

these are scary and fabulous!! That paper is perfect for little boys :) they are sure to love them AND the treats :)

Kathryn B said...

Very clever and easy way to make Halloween treat boxes Lisa! Love the patterned papers you used and those tags look spook-tacular!!!

P.S.Great idea for using the fresh popped template!

Maria said...

WOW! Love these Halloween containers, they are totally fabulous! Great job!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Lisa, you do pull things together so well and really make it look "easy peasy", but sometimes just coming up with the idea and paper and design all take such a ton of time for me!! I'll bet your nephews soooo appreciate their Aunt with the crafty hands and sweet tooth!!:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin