Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just Us Girls #106 - Color Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I'm so happy to be back with my JUGs girls!  I've missed last week, and it seems forever since I've been playing there!  We welcomed Lynn Mangan and Vicki Dutcher last week as our newest members!  I'm so happy to have them join our team! 


This week is a color challenge hosted by Pam, and what GREAT colors she has chosen!  Isn't that a fun graphic too?  So Halloween-ish, but you'll see some of the girls used them in a non-Halloween way...me included.  I needed a birthday card for a friend of mine.  (Her name is Robin...I just realized I used a bird on her card!)  We are going to her house for a get-together tonight, so I worked these colors into a birthday card.   I also just got this stamp set and die from My Favorite Things called Contempo Cage.  Love this one!  Here's what I came up with.


I actually did something I have not done in a long time....I CASED a card!  I was looking through the MFT SCS gallery and came across this card by Michele Boyer and fell in love with it.  I started with the text paper from Halloween in Wonderland paper pack by Graphic 45 and paired it with the polka dot paper from Basic Grey's Eerie paper pack.  The flourish and bird's wing were die cut from the same paper.  The bird was die cut from the Graphic 45 paper.  I added a purple crystal for his eye.  The ribbon is a sheer dotted one from Michael's.  I used the Bow Easy for the double bow.  The sentiment is from the Contempo Cage set and it's punched out with SU's word window punch.  That's it!  Love how this turned out.  I do have to finish off the inside before I give it to Robin.

The girls have some great inspiration for you over on the JUGs blog.  Here are links to their blogs too.


I hope you can join us this week!  We'd love to see what you do with these colors!  Thanks for stopping in today...enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

YOU are the fabulous chick! This is so cute. You brilliantly turned that very halloween inspired palette into th cutest birthday card!

Lynn said...

Love that bird house Pam...so sweet! And I love how you used the colors on a non-halloween card!

Lynn said...

Bahhh...sorry for calling you Pam, Lisa! And...I saw Caitlin again this week...she is amazing! Crossing my fingers for her for tomorrow night!

Vicki Dutcher said...

FAB.U.LOUS - I loved this cage at the preview and you used it beautifully!

Crystal said...

This is fantastic Lisa, LOVE what you did with these colors!!!

Kathryn B said...

WOW! What a cool spin on the colors Lisa! I would never think to try this (that's why your the queen of color). Your card is awesome and I sure bet your friend loved it!!!

Andrea M said...

Hey Lisa - this is one gorgeous card!!! That flourished bird cage is fabulous and I LOVE that sweet little birdie with the polka dot wings! You are one amazing chick!

Taylor said...

Hello, stopping in from JUGS. What a great card! I love the Wonderland background paper.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin