Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pretty Palette #30

Hi everyone! Happy Columbus Day weekend to my US friends and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends! It's an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Western New York! I was supposed to go to the Buffalo Bills game, but gave my ticket to my nephew Mark. He was home from college this weekend and I think he really wanted to go. Nice aunt, I know! (But really, I would rather watch it on TV!)


My hubby and I were at our cabin Friday and Saturday, and I forgot to do my Pretty Palette post!  So here are this week's colors.  I was going for fall colors with a bit of a pop, therefore I added the melon.  I like this combination.  Here's what I came up with.


I always start color challenges by finding pattern paper to match the colors.  I found this one in SU's retired Raspberry Tart paper pack.  Love that damask design and the color was perfect.  Then I went in search of a stamp set.  I wanted a fall theme, so I grabbed the Thankful stamp set from My Time Made Easy and went from there.  First, I cut the label using A Secret Surprise cut file.  Then I stamped the outline and sentiment from A Secret Surprise stamp set in Always Artichoke ink.  The leaves and acorns image from Thankful stamp set was stamped three times and colored with copics, then cut out.  I stamped the large pumpkin from the same set and colored and cut it out as well.  The smaller pumpkins are from A Spooky Surprise stamp set and were stamped directly on the label and colored.  I layered the larger pumpkin in the middle of the smaller ones on dimensionals.  The leaves and acorn images were attached with adhesive.  I added some Star Dust Stickles. to the pumpkins and acorns.

The pattern paper was layered onto a white layer and then the ribbon was added.  The label was adhered with dimensionals.  It looked a little bare, so I add a pearl flourish from Zva.  I cut it down to fit in that upper corner.

What do you think you can do with these colors?  I hope you try them and add your photo to the MTME blog.  You can see some fabulous inspiration there too from our design team.


Thanks for stopping in today and have a fabulous weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Romaine said...

Lisa, that paper is scrumptious and I love the branches of acorns surrounding the sentiment!

Becky G said...

Lisa, this is so pretty! I love this color pallete!

:-) Becky

Monique said...

Lisa this is such a beautiful card..Love the colors and pearls:)..Great work GF!!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Very pretty with that damask print, Lisa. Love how you combined the colors and what beautiful work on that label with all the cutouts and dimension. We had a great Thanksgiving here and even ate outside (much to the pleasure of the wasps who went swimming in the apple cider!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin