Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Holiday Year in Review - My Time Made Easy Group Post

Today the My Time Made Easy team is doing their monthly year in review.  This month we are calling it a holiday year in review.  It's hard to believe the holidays are less than three months away!  Time to start thinking about all those wonderful people in our lives that we love to remember, and the handmade gifts we love to make and they love to receive.

I've chosen one of my favorite templates from MTME...the In Suspense template.
Even though this is an older template, I've paired it with some newer products.  The pattern paper is from this month's Mrs. Candy Claus digital paper pack.  I just love the red, pink, and brown palette. 

The snowman is Made in the Snow digital image.  It comes with the snowman, the string of lights, and a stocking for different pairings.  He's colored with copics and I added star dust stickles to the snowflakes and snow under him.   

And finally, I added the bauble from the chocolate grosgrain ribbon.  The bauble is from the new Beautiful Baubles digital stamp set, and the sentiment is from the new Well Rounded digital stamp set.  I changed the color to red in the GIMP software.  I swirled some pink ink inside the ornament and colored the hanger with a silver pen.

The sweet treats inside are caramel apple candy corn.  I know they are usually for Halloween, but the colors looked Christmas-y to me!  They are delish too!

If you'd like to see more holiday in review, stop by the MTME DT blogs.


I hope you have enjoyed the MTME posts over the last few days!  Thanks for stopping in today! 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Monique said...

Oh my goodness this is such a wonderful idea! I love the little snowman with the snowflakes! And the ornament tag is perfect! Another adorable gift set Lisa. Great job on this months release!

Velta said...

You could not have picked a more perfect paper for this creation Lisa!!! I love the candy corn that matches the paper...Heck, I really have enjoyed making my creations with MTME papers...Lauren has such a variety and I have been using these papers for other DT creations. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Great gift package! Love how it matches the candy corn! This is such a cute snowman!!

wendy said...

so cute love the color and candy to match

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahahaha! It cracks me up when we use the same thing :) I love the whole look of yours! Perfect colors and all of the elements are just wonderful :) The candy corn looks yummy too (would go great with Katie's Pumpkin Spice Latte:))

Romaine said...

I am loving that little snowman digi...am thinking how I might incorporate some of the new releases into this week's colour challenge. Hmmmm....

Crystal said...

AWWW Lisa such a fabulous treat box, LOVE that snowman :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin