Saturday, October 29, 2011

Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge #108 - Alter and Decorate a Frame

Hi everyone!  Are you ready for a Wild Card challenge from Just Us Girls?  We have a really fun one this week brought to us by our very talented and out-of-the-box crafter Elise!  I didn't think I would be up for this one, but it was so easy, I'm so glad I took on the challenge!
The challenge is to alter and decorate a frame.  I already had a frame in my possession that I purchased a long time ago (I got it for $.97!).  However, I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I made a visit to one of my favorite stores I go to for inspiration...JoAnn's.  While I was ambling around, I found this picture frame in the Christmas section (yes, they are featuring Christmas decorations already!).
It caught my eye and I took a picture of it for inspiration.  I often do that while I'm in stores and see something that I can recreate or use for inspiration.  I went to the button section of the store and found some amazing buttons.  I bought some snowflake buttons and some crystal poinsettia buttons.  Then I purchased some green glitter paper.  When I got home, this is what I created with my new and old supplies.
I arranged the poinsettia buttons in a tree formation, added the crystal star on top, and some glitter dots for the trunk.  The ribbon treatment was created from ribbon I've had for a long time.  The sentiment is from the Secret Santa stamp set by My Time Made Easy and it's stamped in Riding Hood Red ink.  This will look very pretty on my shelf in the living room for the holidays (if I don't give it away as a gift first).  I can see me altering another frame in the future.  This was such a cool project!  And wait until you see the other girls' projects!  You can see them on the JUGs blog and at their own blogs.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Lisa, all of the bling is gorgeous. Love it!

Elise said...

Baby, BABY! YOU are sooooo clever! I'm so glad inspiration grabbed you, because after reading this and seeing your glorious work - I'm ALL inspired, right back, all over again! What fun! Your piece, TRULY, has me, blissfully {!}, humming Christmas carols! Bravooooo!

Shaela said...

gorgeous!! And what a fun new decoration to hang in your house this year. :)

Maria said...

Wowzers Lisa! This came out amazing! Love love what you did. I love all the sparkle. And you are so right about inspiration in the stores. Great job.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh this is so pretty! Totally love the red and green!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin