Friday, October 7, 2011

Christmas Stamping' All Year Long - A Purple Challenge

Happy Friday!  We are at the beginning of a long weekend for the US and Canada!  What a lovely time of year!  And we are on the heels of the Christmas holidays, so here I am again with another Christmas card challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.


This week we are sponsored once again by Pink Cat Studios.  The challenge that we have for you is to use purple on your card.  I almost fell off my chair with this one because I don't do purple very often!  But I trudged on through and came up with one that I really like!


I searched my paper stash for something with the color purple and came across this paper from Pink Paislee Pop Fashion Collection.  Love the plaid and text superimposed on it.  SU's new in color Wisteria Wonder matched perfectly with the dp.  The sketch is this month's Sketch for You to Try.  I ran the small piece of Wisteria Wonder through the Swiss Dots folder, added the white satin ribbon, and a pearl flourish by Zva.  The sentiment is from PTI's Holiday Button Bits.  I stamped it and used a nestie to cut it out.  The image is colored with copics and shaded around the image with Vintage Photo distress ink.  There are some star dust stickles on the image too for some sparkle.


Think you don't know what to do with purple?  Then stop by the CSAYL blog for some inspiration.  If you play along, you could win 5 free digis!  Can't win if you don't play!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Patricia Chalas said...

Lisa I love your birdhouse and the combination of papers and your LO is great!!

TFS

Kerry Steger said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!! I love your beautiful distressing around the outside of your image! Very pretty.

Becky G said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love all the wonderful details. The paper, image, layout and color! So pretty!

:-) Becky

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin