Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birdhouse Shower Favors

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm co-hosting a bridal shower for the fiancee of our good friends' son this afternoon. He is my hubby's godchild, so I wanted to do something special for them. Cindy is a lovely girl and I really like her. I offered to help her out with the wedding planning because her mom lives far away and everyone else was busy. I'm off in the summer, so I had tons of time! I even made their wedding invitations (which I'll share at a later date).

The shower is a very small one, so I decided to make these shower favors. I cannot take credit for them. I received one at our Western New York Stamping Event in May, made by my friend Tracy Harp and her helpers. I saved it for just this sort of occasion. Here is a group post of the five different designs I made (I made 20 in total).
Aren't they adorable? I used the Stampin' Up mini milk carton Sissix die and a 1" punch for the window. There is a piece of acetate blocking the opening. The roof is just a long rectangle nestie that was cut and then run through the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. They were filled with Hershey Kisses (there are 9 of them in there) then held shut with a mini binder clip from SU. The bird is SU's punch (which I won at the Stamping Event...perfect!). I just used scrap dp for the body and scrap cardstock for the wings. Took a little time to make these, but they were super easy! Here's a closeup of one. I also purchased three actual birdhouses from Pier 1 for prize giveaways at the shower. They will adorn the tables until they are given away. I love homemade gifts and favors like these! They really make a statement with non-crafters!
Thanks for making a stop to my blog today! I love to hear your comments! They really make my day! Enjoy your day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tracy said...

These turned out so sweet, I bet the shower will be great.

Monique said...

How adorable.. They turned out wonderfully. I love bringing stuff like this as well Homemade is from the heart..

Cheryl said...

These are so cute all stacked togethere! Great color combos and such a thoughtful thing to do so everyone could take one home!

Anne Tussing said...

Super creative and cute! What a lucky bride-to-be!

Sue said...

These are so cute and a nice decoration, plus a little gift or each person. Pretty colors too. Lisa, these will look adorable all together. Such a nice friend you are.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin