Monday, August 16, 2010

Communion Invitations

I'm called upon often by my friends and family to make invitations for various events. My friend, Tracy, approached me to make communion invitations for her son in May. (I forgot to post this back then!) So this is what I came up with.
I did these so long ago, so I'll try to remember what I used! The image is from Paper Inspirations and I stamped it in Faded Jeans distress ink. I added star dust stickles for some sparkle. I needed to add something to fancy this up a bit more, but since it was for a boy I was a little restricted. So I went with the piece of white ribbon and added the silver pearls. I liked the look. I used a script stamp I had and stamped the blue background for more interest. I remember trying different Cuttlebug folders, but in the end this is what looked best. We had a christening to go to yesterday, and I made this card for that occasion as well.

That's it for today! I think I'm all caught up on projects I haven't posted! I'll have more this week though! Enjoy your Monday!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is really lovely! It has the perfect details and beautiful tonal colors!

Tracy said...

WOW, this is gorgeous, I love that stamp and it is perfect in blue!

Shaela said...

very nice card! so is the neutral color white or cream?

Monique said...

Oh Wow...This is seriously beautiful Lisa....Well done!!

Bonnie said...

Simply gorgeous Lisa!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous image and an absolutely stunning invitation! Beautiful work!

Crystal said...

OOOO My Lisa this screams GORGEOUS!!!!! This is absolutely stunning and just popped right of my blog reader!

Carma said...

I just love the softness of this. Really beautiful!

Anne Tussing said...

I really like this image and what you did with it! I have a hard time finding religious images that I like!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Lisa! I am sure your friend will treasure this beauty!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Lisa!!

Kathryn B said...

This is so soft and beautiful Lisa! Love it!!!

Denise Marzec said...

THUD! Absolutely gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin