Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Catie Cupcake

Meet Catie Cupcake! Isn't she cute? She's from Poppy Stamps and is a joy to color! Nice and quick! :-) I discovered her at our LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, and my friend Debbie has many of her colored up and displayed...I was hooked and bought a couple.

I used the Thrift Shop dp collection from October Afternoon (I just love this line!) and kept the layout pretty simple. I pulled out a Martha Stewart large punch that I thought went well with the dp and punched the side. Then I just layered the other side of the dp using a scalloped long rectangle and then Catie. The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages and the flower pearls are by Jenny Bowlin Studios. I had forgotten I had these until I reorganized my stuff! Our LSS had a garage sale on Sunday, and I scored the deal of the century! Someone was selling a Clip It Up (base and extension, extra clips, and little boxes) for.....$10.00! I thought she left off a zero! I was so excited and now most of my embellishments and stamps are proudly hanging, visible and within reach! Now I wonder if I can score another one because I still have more stuff to hang! LOL!!

I stamped Catie twice and colored one entire image. Then on the second one, I just colored her head, the cupcake, and her apron. I cut them out and layered them on the first one with something new I also discovered at my LSS. It's called dimensional silicone by Decorator's Solutions. It allows you to mold the piece you are working with. Here's a closeup so you can see the dimension.Thanks for stopping by again! It's hump day and that much closer to the weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: Catie Cupcake (Poppy Stamps), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: PTI vintage cream, Thrift Shop dp (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, antique linen distress ink, cool caribbean
Copic Markers: Eoo, 02, 18, 50, 51, 53; R20, 27, 29, 39; BG0000, 11, 32; W-3
Accessories: Nesties, MS punch, star dust stickles, dimensional silicone (Decorator's Solutions)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shaela said...

lol, what a cute pointed hat! love the colors you chose :)

Monique said...

Ack!! What a cutie Lisa... beautiful coloring and fabulous little flowers made of pearls :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin