Friday, August 6, 2010

PMS Sneak Peek Day 4 - Color It Summer

This is going to be a quick post. It's 1:30 am when I'm writing this and I'm tired! I forgot to schedule this earlier! Ugghh!!

Today is the last day of peeks for the Paper Makeup Stamps August release. We have a new fab set called Color It Summer to share with you. It's a set that has various flowers, leaves, flower parts, and butterflies to create some great cards and/or scrap pages.

I was at Target today and saw a boxed set of cards that gave me the inspiration to create my card. Here is my inspiration.So I tried to create something that looked like this. How did I do?
I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place the stems and leaves, then stamped the flowers on a scrap piece of paper and colored them with copics. I cut them out and placed them on the card. I did not use dimensionals...I just curled the edges of the petals a bit for dimension. I added star dust stickles to the centers. The sentiment is a freebie you get with your PMS order this month! The card is a 4" square. You can see more sneaks on the PMS blog.

Tomorrow is our blog hop and release party. The hop is all day and the party starts at 8:00 pm CST in the PMS forum. Remember our contest...if you put the PMS button (on my sidebar on the upper left) on your blog and comment on the PMS blog, you'll be entered to win the ENTIRE RELEASE!

Hope to see you tomorrow and thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful Lisa, great inspiration! I love the popped off flowers and the rich red color. Yum-my! :)

Crystal said...

Gorgeous work Lisa, WOW your stamping and coloring is fABULOUS girl!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super cute, Lisa~ The colors are so rich and the Stickles are just perfect!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my goodness Lisa!!! Absolutely beautiful, stunning and gorgeous card! I LOVE it!!!!!

Tracy said...

beautiful colors Lisa! Love it

Tracey said...

I am definitely loving your card more than the inspiration. The colours are richer and the flowers have more depth. Beautiful!!

Randee E said...

Just gorgeous! Love the rich colors and the white space too. And your little fork holder is adorable!! Need to try and make one of those :0)

Randee E said...

Just gorgeous! Love the rich colors and the white space too. And your little fork holder is adorable!! Need to try and make one of those :0)

Mandi said...

What a fabulous card Lisa! I love it! :)

Carma said...

Gorgeous! Love the deep colors and the sparkle.

Chiara said...

Great technique! Love how the flowers pop!

Anne Tussing said...

Your card is MUCH better than the inspiration!

Ginny said...

Very nice coloring on this and I love how you glittered the middle of the flowers!

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Love how those flowers are just coming out at ya! So pretty!

Cheryl said...

Love your brilliant flowers on the white background! Gorgeous and even better than the inspiration piece!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin