Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MTME Release Peek Day 4

Hi everyone! It's an exciting day for me...it's my first post as an official member of the My Time Made Easy design team! And this new release is just amazing! The template (which is chock full of amazing accessories), the coordinating stamp sets and cut files, and the beautiful digital papers will allow you to create a plethora of different designs. You are only limited by your imagination!

I created something for a design team friend who just had a baby. She's going to see this before I send it to her, but I'm not showing the contents (sorry Lisa)! She'll have to wait til it arrives at her house for that!
This is going to be a long post, so please stick with me! ;-) The template is called Shop Around Mega Template and comes with many accessories to add to this template. I used many of the objects in the Home Improvements Coordinating Cuts cut file on my house and the Homemade Card and Envelope cut file for my card. Here's the card open:
As you can see, the envelope is open at the top and the card just slides inside. Too clever! I used the previously released So Sentimental stamp set for the sentiments inside.I started my project by printing this new Seawater digital paper for the base and the wood shingles design from the Construction Materials digital paper, which I used for the roof, door and fence. Before I put the base together, I stamped the grass (from the new Home Improvement stamp set) and flowers (from the previously released Sensational Stems stamp set). I used the Home Improvements Coordinating Cuts cut file for the fence and door. I added a metal dot to the door for a door knob. The sign, rattle, and sentiment are from the new Sign It stamp set. The Home Improvement stamp set also comes with a pretty big window. I stamped it on the Construction Materials paper, cut out the middle, and placed a photo of my friend's son in the window. (Isn't he adorable?) I added more fences, grass, and flowers. Now take a look at the picture on his onesie. You'll see where I got my inspiration for the other side of the house. Included in the On Display 1 stamp set is an aiplane in the clouds stamp. So I inked it up in the colors of the helicopter on the baby's onsie to look like it! So cute! Again, I added fences, grass, and flowers. I didn't want the back side to be boring, so I cut two windows from the Home Improvements Coordinating Cuts cut file and stamped it with the coordinating stamp from the Home Improvement stamp set. I also added the same windows to the "attic" part of the house. I colored them in with a copic marker. The roof panel is part of the template and was printed on the Construction Materials digital paper. The chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and bow were added around the perimeter of the top part of the template to finish it off. Here is the box with the top off so you get an idea of how big it is. You can get a lot of stuff in there!

One thing I finally figured out (after making many mistakes), is that if you are going to stamp on the box, do it BEFORE you put it together! Do some planning ahead. Here are some pics of what I did.Determine where the front and back of the box are going to be. This is an important first step.
I then stamped the grass along the bottom of the box. I wanted the grass to show through the holes in the fences, so I stamped some a little higher where the fences will be. This is where I just placed the pieces down before adhering them. Lastly, I stamped the flowers at different heights. It was after all this was done that I added Scor-Tape and put the box together. I'm always so quick to put the box together before doing all these extra steps that I end up having to do it over! So I thought I'd leave you with some of my tips (if only to remind myself the next time I put one together)!

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post! Stop my the MTME blog to see what Lauren has done. See you tomorrow for the MTME group post! There's going to be a lot to see, so make sure you stop by!


Supplies from My Time Made Easy ™ LLC
Pretty Packaging Templates: Shop Around Mega Template
Pretty Impressions Stamp Set: On Display 1, Home Improvement, Sign It, Sensational Stems, So Sentimental
Pretty Printable Digital Paper: Construction Materials, Seawater
Pretty Pieces Cut File: Home Improvement Coordinating Cuts, Homemade Card and Envelope
Other Accessories: Memento tuxedo black, garden green, real red, and cool caribbean inks; copic markers; chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon; blue metal dot; Scor-tape
Photobucket

16 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH! I love your lil'tutorial! Its perfection. I love how you used the paper, and the grass/fence. To put the baby photo in the window is SO CUTE!! I think she will love this to pieces. A great keepsake that can be cherished for a long time to come.

Cheryl said...

Great post, well worth reading! Your house gift box and card are fabulous!!
Love the pretty papers and the well thought out accessories!

Tracy said...

This came out so darling! Great tips too!

Kristin Eberline said...

Lisa, this is so flippin adorable! I LOVE how you used the Seawater paper and used brown and red as your contrasting colors! Just GORGEOUS! Especially for a baby theme!! I really love how you used the shingles paper for the door and fence! That turned out adorable…I would have never thought of that! So clever :]

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

AwHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Lisa this is so freakin' adoreable! And that pic of my baby is so cute on it! I will keep that forever and ever and ever! :) I can't WAIT to get it and see the goodies! ;)

Gorgeous project and you put so much time into it too! Wow!

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Lisa! Love the sweet baby theme here.. your friend will treasure this always!!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Lisa~ This is such sweet perfection for a baby gift...great job!!

Amy said...

Each project I see from this release is cuter than the last! Wonderful!

Shaela said...

LOVE this!! I think I may seriously need to purchase this template.... there's so many possibilitities! :)

Christi Flores said...

This is wonderful Lisa! Wow!!

Judy McMullen said...

A fantastic first project for the MTME design team! Congrats, Lisa!!

lisa808 said...

Congrats on your new DT position! Great house & card.

Anne Tussing said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love how you matched the airplane to the baby's onesie. Love the flowers, fence and other details!

judy anderson said...

Interesting colors and theme.

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! You just rocked your MTME debut! This is a fabulous idea!! You are so brilliant :) Great job!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very, VERY cute, Lisa! LOVE how you put the baby's picture in the window!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin