Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Us Girls Template Challenge and Fun News!

Do you want the Just Us Girls challenge or the fun news first?.......Well I hate surprises, so I'll tell you my fun news first! A while ago, Lauren Meader (My Time Made Easy) asked me to be a guest designer for her September release! I was so excited that she asked and of course accepted! Well, a couple of weeks ago, she asked me to be a PERMANENT member of her team! How exciting is that? Also new to the team is Tammy Hershberger! I'm so excited to be working with such a talented team! I'll be posting my sneak in a few days, so make sure you keep checking in! It's another great release! You can check out all the sneaks at the MTME blog.

So now onto my JUGs post. We are sponsored this week by Clear & Simple Stamps. We are all using the set called Spooky Sweets and one of the Clear & Simple templates which you can find here. I used the treat pack template.

I used Marigold Morning (remember that one?) as my base and a Halloween stack from K&Company. I punched an oval in the base and a scallop oval in the dp for the handle. Love the way that looks. I placed black glitter dots on either side of the opening. I didn't have any Halloween candy to put into the treat pack, so I made my own (sort of!). I stamped and colored three pumpkins and taped them to some popsicle sticks. There's a black satin bow that is tied around the treat bag that didn't come out very clear in the picture. Some filler in the bag and it was done!

Now be sure to stop by the JUGs blog and check out the challenge. There is some blog candy to be won for this challenge! And the girls have more Spooky Sweet goodness to share with you!

Thanks for stopping in today and enjoy your weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: Spooky Sweets (Clear & Simple Stamps)

Paper: Marigold Morning, Halloween stack (K&Company)

Ink: Memento tuxedo black, copic markers

Accessories: Oval and scallop oval punches, glitter dots, popsicle sticks, Scor-Tape, star dust stickles, scallop border punch

Photobucket

21 comments:

Monique said...

Your template turned out really cute Lisa!! And CONGRATULATIONS on making the MTME team... you will be a wonderful asset!!Hugs

Jo said...

Love this treat pack Lisa. Love the colours! And those glitzy pumpkins are fab!

AKiteFlier said...

WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your exciting news Lisa ;-) soooooo excited for you!! (and us as a fellow MTME'r) I love your Clear and Simple project - it's truly fun and fab. What a great little treat pack. SUper fun papers :-)

AKiteFlier said...

PS love the new blog design!!!

Maria said...

BIG CONGRATS!!! That is fabulous!! You will rock it with the ladies at MTME! Your CSS template is amazing, fabulous job my dear.

Shaela said...

this is so cute, and congrats on the new DT spot - you'll be fabulous! :)

Kathryn B said...

Love your design this is so NICE!!! Love the glittery pumpkins! A big CONGRATS to you on your MTME gig!!! They are lucky to have you and I can't wait to see your projects! You rock girl! ;0)

Kristin Eberline said...

This is absolutely adorable, Lisa! LOVE your little handmade treats :] Ha ha ha...so funny. Your treat box is stunning....LOVE your project!!

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to MTME!!!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your new DT position Lisa! So well deserved - you always do such a wonderful job & this cute treat template is just another sample!

Anonymous said...

Love your treat pack, and congrats on the news! That is fabulous and so well deserved!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh! congrats and have fun!

Michelle VP said...

Congratulations Lisa! You create wonderful projects and have a real talent for photographing them in an attractive way too. Looking forward to things to come. :)

Anne Tussing said...

Adorable!!! Love those pumpkins popping out! Congrats on your new DT assignment:)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Lisa! I can see why! Super Cute creation!

Silke Ledlow said...

Welcome to the team Lisa!!! Lauren is so lucky to have you!!!! Your Halloween project is fabulous!!! Love the sweet template...and the pumpkins are tooo fun!!! Hugs ~S~

Sam said...

Congrats on your DT post. I look forward to seeing lots more of your gorgeous creations over at MTME. This treat pack template is so neat and I love those "candy" pumpkins. Great improvising and at least they won't torment your taste buds.

Monique said...

Hi Lisa.. I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award posted on my site for you... You give me tons of inspiration every time I visit you blog..:)

Basement Stamper said...

Love those papers you chose and this template is one of my favorites.

Sue said...

Lisa, this is just the cutest project, and I love how you substitued the pumpkins on the sticks for candy...very creative.
Congratulations on design team spot, your work is awesome and you will do a great job!!

Hugs
Sue Drees

diane zechman said...

Congrats, Lesa! Cute project!

Andrea M said...

Lisa! That is such wonderful news!!! So happy for you! Congrats!!!! Beautiful CSS template - I really love how you've made the paper treats to sub in your template - I'll have to bear that in mind when I'm scrambling to find an accessory - brilliant! Gorgeous work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin