Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps Sneak Peek Day 3 - Home Matters

Wow! It's already Day 3 of sneak peeks of the August release of Paper Makeup Stamps! Have you been enjoying the sneaks so far? Today we have a set that was previously only in digi form. Remember Home Matters? Well, Katie had it rubberized and I, for one, am pretty psyched about that! I like digis, but I LOVE my rubber! Here's my card.
I'm just using the sentiment from the set, but as you can see it's large enough to be the focal point of your card. I also love the font on this! Isn't it pretty? I stamped it in Baja Breeze ink on vintage cream paper from PTI. The dp is from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection. I just love the vintage look and colors in this paper! I swirled some More Mustard ink around the sentiment and added the crystals. I punched a circle from the floral dp and added a page pebble on top to make an embellishment that matches. I used the SU scallop border punch on the middle piece. This sketch is this week's Sketch for You to Try from Jen del Muro (I just noticed that I didn't follow the sketch properly...how did I miss that little pink strip on the right?). Her sketches are always so great! My friend just bought a new house and I'm going to give this to her with a housewarming gift when I visit soon.

So do you want to see more? Then hop over to the PMS blog to see what the PMS DT have for you. Don't forget to grab the button on top of my sidebar on the left side to display on your blog. Then leave a comment on the PMS blog that you've done that and you'll be entered to win the entire August release! The Release Party is on Saturday, August 7 at 8:00 pm CST in the PMS forum and is always lots of fun! We'd love to see some new faces there! Everyone is very friendly, so don't be shy! There are always lots of laughs and contests going on! Hope to see you there!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

This is so pretty Lisa! Love your take on the sketch, added bling and your choice of colours and dp! Beautiful!

Carma said...

Wow, this is fantastic. Love the colors and the shape of the sentiment. I love the new blog look too!

Michelle VP said...

Such a warm and inviting card, Lisa! I love the page pebbles you added. :)

Crystal said...

Lisa this is soooo pretty, lovin these colors and papers you used.....AWESOME take on the sketch sweetie!

FibreJunky said...

My jaw just dropped. I love what you did with that sketch and the new word art is awesome!

papertrails leaver said...

very lovely card! I like the circles you added to the left of the card. Great use of the sketch and the more mustard ink goes perfectly with this paper!

Anne Tussing said...

Very pretty! I like how you used the patterned paper to make embellishments!! I need to make a card just like this for a friend who is moving soon.

Mandi said...

Very pretty and I love the colors you chose for this card! :)

Cheryl said...

Great card! Beautiful colors and layout! (I don't think the challenge police will be coming for you!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin