Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Still Fabulous

Love that word fabulous! I use that adjective a lot! So a long time ago, I asked Katie (owner of Paper Makeup Stamps) if she could create this sentiment (in digi format at that time) for a card I was making for a friend who was hitting a milestone birthday. For the July release, this was included in the Beautifully Fabulous Mini Sentiment set (which was created by Shaela Odd). I had forgotten that it was made into rubber...score! So here it is inked up on this sweet card.I was inspired by this picture posted on the Shabby Tea Room challenge site for one of their recent challenges. I see that I missed the challenge by a day or two, but I was inspired by it nonetheless! Loved the soft pink and pop of a darker pink. I immediately thought of this dp by The Girl's Paperie and used the layout from the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge. I was straightening and reorganizing (again!) my stamp room, and found these lacey doily tags from Martha Stewart that I picked up at Michael's and thought it would be a perfect centerpiece for my card. The sentiment fit perfectly within it. I added Kaiser pearls to balance the centerpiece as well as the blank spot in the sketch. The doily was white, so I got out my Antique Linen distress ink to make it more ivory to match the dp. I distressed the ivory card base a bit as well and was done! Love how fast this card came together because nothing had to be colored! :-) (I just realized today is my aunt's birthday, so it's in the mail!)

If you didn't see my post yesterday, I'm entered in a contest with some of my friends over at Paper Works Co. and need to drum up some votes. You can read about it in my post here. I'd love for you to vote (even if it isn't for us!). We are the Buffalo Stampers and can vote here.

Thanks for stopping by!




Recipe
Stamps: Beautifully Fabulous Mini Sentiment set (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Paper: PTI vintage cream, The Girls' Paperie dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, antique linen distress ink
Accessories: Martha Stewart lacy doily tag, Kaiser pearls, corner rounder, dimensionals

Photobucket

5 comments:

Shaela said...

love this card - great paper choice and I love all the inking :)

Crystal said...

Lisa this is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! LOVE LOVE how you did your sentiment!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Ginny said...

This is so pretty! I love how you can really tell that the picture inspired you. Very nice!

Dana Gustafson said...

Super gorgeous LIsa! I love that shabby Martha paper doily and the DP you chose!

Anne Tussing said...

Totally love this shabby chic card!!! The Martha Stewart label is perfect!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin