Monday, August 23, 2010

A Rainbow in Somebody Else's Clouds

"Any one of us can be a rainbow in somebody else's clouds." Isn't that a great quote? It's a rubber stamp that's only available in a kit from Paper Makeup Stamps. We call them "makeup kits" at PMS! This one is called The Will to Day Dream. It's available at the PMS store here. Here's a picture of what's included in the kit (you should be able to click on it for a larger view).It's a great summer kit! Love the bright, fun colors! I used the Will fairy that's included in the kit on this card. I used just the wordart on this one. I just love this little card! I used two of the three ribbons in the kit. I ruffled the yellow one by placing a strip of Scor-tape on top of the brown ribbon and then made loops and tacked it down. I made the bow by just looping the ribbon four times and tying it with some floss, then I added the button. Easy peasy!

This card also qualifies for the current Makeup for the Weekend challenge at the PMS blog. Christi Snow challenged us to use four of any embellishment., but it has to be four of the same embellishment. So I used four of these sparkily buttons that are in the kit. Stop by the PMS blog and check out the challenge. Christi has a great sample for you! You don't have to use PMS images to play, but if you do you could win a PMS image! Hope to see you there!

It also qualifies for the Simply Stamp #153 challenge - Pleated Ribbon. Sharon posted a link to a tutorial for a simple pleated ribbon that I used. I even sort of cased her layout for my design. This is my first entry in Sharon's challenges, although I've always followed and admired her work, so I'm happy about this challenge!

On another note, I'm entered in the Ultimate Summer Challenge over at PaperWorks Co. with my friends Cheryl Rowley, Tracy Harp, and Debbie Morrissey. We each had to create a card in four different challenges. The voting began yesterday and runs through Saturday, August 28th. We'd love your vote! Stop by their voting page and cast your vote. We are called the Buffalo Stampers and you can vote for us in each category, if you are so inclined! If you want to vote for someone else, that's fine too! Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

Recipe
Stamps, paper, embellishments: The Will to Day Dream kit (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, crushed curry (SU)
Other: DMC floss, glue dots, dimensionals, Scor-tape

Photobucket

13 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Wow!!! What a fun and colorful card this is Lisa! I really like your scruched ribbon and the way you always color your sentiments! BEAUTIFUL job! Love that kit...

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the ruffly ribbon!

Monique said...

Love this kit!! What a fun card Lisa... Love those buttons and your ruffle ribbon...Cute Cute Cute :)

Inkyfingers said...

What a cheerful card with such a wonderful sentiment. Love your ribbon.
Carol x

Ginny said...

Love how you used the kit, especially that ribbon. This is a great card!

Deb Neerman said...

What a fun card ... and I love your pleated ribbon treatment!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Pleated Ribbon" challenge!

diane zechman said...

What a nice sentiment and I love the fun papers!

dawnmercedes said...

It IS a great sentiment and thought to live by!! Love your sparkly buttons!

Anne Tussing said...

Gorgeous card!! Love all the colors and layers. The sentiment and sparkly buttons are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Great use of that kit Lisa! Love this!!

Carma said...

Great card! Love the paper choices. (I promise I didn't look at your card before I did mine but great minds think alike, right?)

Christi said...

This is so beautiful! I love those buttons...they add a great pop with their sparkle to the card! smiles...

Katie Cotton said...

this is beyond beautiful lisa! LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin