Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just Us Girls #47 - Color Challenge


Happy Saturday! It's time for a color challenge from Just Us Girls! I'm the hostess this week and I chose the happy colors! I wanted something that screamed summer, so I chose hot pink, teal, and lime green. I found these colors in the DeLovely paper pack from Cosmo Cricket.I just loved this image from The Greeting Farm (called Laundry) that I got at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, one day. I'm always doing laundry when I craft since my craft room and laundry room are in the basement. I don't mind doing the laundry, but I HATE folding it and putting it away! So this image really resonated with me!

She's colored with copics and I added lots of Star Dust Stickles to the image. The felt flowers are from SU and are centered with a lime green glitter dot. The sentiment is from PTI's All Booked Up set. The layout is from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Stop by the JUGs blog and see what the girls have come up with using these colors! Some fab stuff there! Leave them some nice comments on their personal blogs too! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: Laundry (The Greeting Farm), All Booked Up (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, gable green, DeLovely dp (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, gable green, copic markers
Accessories: Square and scalloped square nesties, SU felt flowers, glitter dots, circle and scallop circle punches, star dust stickles, dimensionals

Photobucket<>

12 comments:

Jo said...

Oh this is so cute Lisa, I love your card. Thanks for picking such lovely cheery colours!

Monique said...

So cute Lisa..I love to see what everybody does with these colors... I just love this image. I do have her in my stash..I think I will get her inky...She is adorable :)

AKiteFlier said...

Fantastic Lisa - just LOVE it. Yur image is adorable and beautifully colored. Wonderful job and outstanding colors this time. Thanks

Sue said...

Lisa, you chose great colors! Love what you did with them, your card is darling. I'm with you about the folding and putting away thing with the laundry!!

Hugs
Sue Drees

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWWWW this is so precious Lisa!!! Love your take on the colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Dana Gustafson said...

Hee hee Lisa! I live this image all the time! I'm with you, I like clean clothes but the endless folding and putting away only to take them out again, blech!

Thanks for the great color scheme this week. I adore these hot hues and loved using Delovely on my card as well. Great mat layering with just the bit of scallop square peeking out from behind the image square.

Anne Tussing said...

Fabulous card! I love the bright and happy colors you chose for the challenge. Your image is so sweet:) Your coloring is terrific!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, LOOOOOOVIN' these colors together and your fantastic coloring. BEAUTIFULLY done!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! If she is not just the sweetest thing in the world! I just adore this image! Your card is just perfect!

Maria said...

ADORABLE image and beautiful fantstic card! I hear ya on the folding part, I toss things in the dryer and sometimes they stay there for a couple of days! LOL!

Kathryn B said...

She is just adorable! Your coloring is perfect and so soft looking! I just love the bright fun colors you chose for this weeks color challenge Lisa!! I'm with ya' on the laundry...I hate taking care of it!!!

Andrea M said...

Lisa - awesome card!!!! Absolutely beautiful coloring and the Delovely paper is gorgeous and such a wonderful source of inspiration. I feel the same about laundry :P The brads in the flowers are so sparkly and fab!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin