Thursday, October 15, 2009

Artful INKables Blog Hop and Release Day!

Today is the release of two new sets from Artful INKables called A Bird's Song and Down on the Farm, and we are hosting a blog hop to preview these new sets. You should have arrived from Jen's blog. If not, please hop over to the Artful INKables blog and start there. You don't want to miss all the great projects the AI DT has for you to see!

I'm previewing A Bird's Song today. When I saw this, I was extremely excited! It's such a pretty set of two birds, some sentiments, and accent pieces.Isn't this bird just gorgeous? See, I told you it was a great set! I colored the image with copics, then sponged in some So Saffron ink in the background. The berries on the branch is a separate stamp that fits on there perfectly. All you need is your stamp-a-ma-jig to place them on there just right! I cut around them before I cut out the image with this nestie. Our very own Joy has a tutorial on how to do this technique on the AI blog
here. I put star dust stickles on the berries and the bird and added the flower rhinestones in yellow and blue in the corners. The sentiment is also from the set. I used Jen del Muro's sketch from last Saturday. Artful INKables has a great sketch challenge for the Think INK Tuesday Challenge for you this week, however it just didn't work for this image I chose to use. I'll have one done with that sketch later...it runs for two weeks so I have lots of time to make something with the new sets!

Now you have to hop over to Sherry's blog and see her fabulous creation! Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy your hop!
Recipe
Stamps: A Bird's Song (AI)
Paper: PTI white, tempting turquoise, so saffron, Flock Together (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, so saffron, tempting turquoise
Copic Markers: B0000, 00, 02, 04; BG05; E15, 29, 31, 99; Y0000, 17, 21; YR23, 31; W-3
Accessories: Nesties, cuttlebug folder, ribbon, word window punch, crystals, star dust stickles, dimensionals

28 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Lisa, I just love these colors!!! What a great take on the sketch too....Love added texture and your bird image is beautiful and colored so awesome!!! Great card!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful card!!

Dawn said...

beautiful job!

Dawn B. said...

Lisa I love these colors together.. This is such a striking card.. Really pretty image too.. TFS

Mary said...

Beautiful card!

Mary

Patti J. said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

This is just stunning! I love the colors, the layout, the overall appeal! Wonderful card!

dpkennedy said...

Oh that bird is so sweet! Gorgeous coloring!

Sherry Campbell said...

I love the colors you used- this is so beautiful!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa,

Love the colouring on this card. he is a beautiful bird.

Ali x

Jen said...

Lisa
Your card is just fabulous!

Joanne Travis said...

So sweet!! I love the blue and yellow together for this adorable little bluebird. So beautifully done, Lisa!!

Velta said...

Beautiful colors, lovely design!!

Rachael said...

Wow, wow, and more WOW!!! I absolutely LOVE your card!

Julie Ranae said...

Very striking color combos, Lisa...beautiful!

Darlene said...

WOWZA ... this is awesome! I'm really starting to like this little bluebird!!! Wonderful layout & coloring ... fantastic creation!!

Barb said...

Very striking, love your colors.

Michele Lourenco said...

OMG! the colors, layout and the detail is just incredible!
i love it all!

Deborah Young said...

Lisa - I love this embossing folder with the little birdie! Isn't it funny how we all decided he was a blue bird? I love it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - this is soooo beautiful!!! Great image and you rocked the sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

love how you colored the image, very eye catching!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a magnificent card! Beth aka BR-t

Danni said...

Gorgeous coloring!! Stunning card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful card! :)

Tami Grandi said...

super cute- and fabulous coloring!

Kristine said...

Awesome color combo, and that bird is so sweet!

Cheryl said...

Love ALL the choices youi made on this card! Great color, coloring, layout! It all works to perfection!

Kristin said...

Just beautiful! I love that you used the berries and the 'out of the box' cut is used perfectly with this card. Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin