Monday, October 26, 2009

Get a Handle on It Baby Block

I had to go to a baby shower yesterday, and got the mom a gift card. I thought about making a card and putting the gift card inside, but I wanted something prettier than just a card. I had the Get a Handle on It template on my desk from Saturday's JUGs challenge, and when I looked at it, it reminded me of a baby block. So I went with it and created this.I used Bashful Blue as my base (because they found out they are having a boy) and this paper from the Making Memories Animal Crackers collection. I then cut two blue and two celery scalloped squares from nesties and placed a dimensional letter on top to create a block. (I used ABCD letters, one for each side.) Here's the top to show the tag.I used nesties to cut and emboss the tag, and PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings for the sentiment. I attached it with some string and attached that to a sheer blue bow. Inside is some shredded paper and the gift card! Cute, huh? I really like the way it came out, and you know what? There wasn't another one like it at the shower! That's what I like about creating these things...they are really one of a kind!

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've never seen anything as gorgeous as this! What a cute container for a precious little Baby Boy! The colors are so soft and I love your DP! Such wonderful design with the letters, and the tag and ribbon add to the beautiful box perfectly!

What a wonderful blog you have!

Tracy said...

that works perfectly as a block, what a great idea!

Crystal said...

AWWW Lisa this is TOOOO CUTE!!! What a great and creative idea, LOVE IT!!!

AKiteFlier said...

Adorable Lisa - I LOVE this - will remember this idea for sure - and you are right - a baby block it is! :-)

Katie Cotton said...

this is just the sweetest thing! I've been collecting as much of that paper as i can! Gabe's baby book is all done in it! :) I think it's just too cute!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is adorable! I love it. I am sooo box-challenged but I am trying to make more!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin