Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Flowery JUGs Challenge

JUGS4

Hi everyone! Are you ready for a cool 3-D project from Just Us Girls? Mona has a fantastic video to share with you on the JUGs blog showing you how to create these fabulous tissue paper flowers! Here is what I came up with for this challenge.

I used Lauren Meader's My Timeless Template called Get a Handle on It to display my flowers. I started making the tissue paper flowers in Melon Mambo according to Mona's instructions, however I only used three layers instead of four. I wanted mine smaller in size. I attached them with So Saffron brads. I added leaves punched with a Martha Stewart frond punch in Certainly Celery. The base of the box is Melon Mambo and the dp is Razzleberry Lemonade by SU. After it was all pulled together, I added my beloved star dust stickles to the flowers, brads, and leaves. I HAD to have some sparkle on my flowers! LOL!!

You should stop by the JUGs girls' blogs to see what they did with Mona's flowers. Here are the links to their blogs.


Dana Gustafson
Kristin Bueter
Maria Levine
Mona Pendleton
Pam Imholz
Tracey Cuccia

Now you need to stop by the Just Us Girls blog and watch the great video tutorial that Mona created. We'd love for you to try this technique and put it on a card/project. Link your direct post to the JUGs blog, and if you upload to an online gallery use the code JUGS4 so we can find it. We can't wait to see what you've done! Thanks for stopping in today and have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply GORGEOUS Lisa! I love those Melon Mambo tissue paper flowers with a hint of pixie dust on them! Great way to showcase Lauren's template! :)

Kristin Eberline said...

LISA!! This is GORGEOUS girly! Love that you added four flowers with leaves to the top of your template! They are just perfect with their brads and the pixie dust you sprinkled on them! Melon Mambo was a fantastic choice for your flowers and that Razzleberry Lemonade paper is the perfect complement to your entire project :] Soooo pretty!!

AKiteFlier said...

WOW Lisa - I am in LOVE with your template topped with those beeeeeuuuutiful flowers. What a great idea to put 4 on the box - a super fun accent then who needs a bow! The little bit of accent glitter is perfect (now why didn't I think of that?!?) The paper and colors are super fun - I love how you photograph your cards also - the beveled edge is a great touch - do you do that in photoshop?

PS I love your CTD card, too - those were HARD colors for me but you did a great job with them. (Gee I guess that's why you are a guest designer right!!??) LOL
Hugs to ya,

Maria said...

What a perfect idea!!! This is STUNNING! I love what you did with the flowers! Great job you totally rocked it!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a beautiful box Lisa! Your flowers are stunning and I love the added sparkle!
:o)

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!! These flowers look so classy on this gift box!!! Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

AHhh, I love your flowers with that touch of sparkle on them!! They look so beautiful sitting on the top of that great box you created! What a fabulous way to present a gift! Oh My!!! TFS!

Cheryl said...

Your box is terrific! (I say that about EVERYTHING you do!) Love your color and paper choices and the flowers are wonderful!
You inspire me to get going on some of Lauren's templates!!

Davi said...

This box is terrific and I love the color of your flowers. I have to learn to make them they are so dainty. Thanks for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin