Saturday, October 31, 2009

Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge

Our Just Us Girls challenge this week is not really "wild", but it is pretty cool! Your challenge this week is to make a holiday card with a picture on it. It can be any picture...a personal one of your family, pets, etc., or it could be one you found online, in a magazine, or anywhere else. The wild part is this: If you play this week, you will receive a gift from Kristin. She created a fabulous digital set that she is giving away to everyone that participates! You can see it on the graphic below as well as on the cards the DT has created this week, which you can see on the JUGs blog.Isn't that lamp post fabulous? And the sentiments Kristin has created (including a handwritten message by Tammy Hershberger) are just so wonderful for the holiday season. So all you have to do is play, and you'll be given this digital set! Great huh? Here's what I did with this challenge. I just had to put a picture of my dog, Lizzie, on here! Why would you want to see me or my DH, right? And she's so CUTE! Well, at least I think so! Anyway, I added the handwritten sentiment right on the picture using my editing software. I also resized the lamp post so it was smaller, then printed it out and cut and embossed it with a rectangle nestie. I used this SU paper, Christmas Cocoa (which I love) and soft suede and real red cardstock. The ribbon is also soft suede, and I added the red glitter dots. Super simple card to pull together.

So, are you "game"? Are you inspired to make something so you can receive this great set? I hope so! All you have to do is post a direct link to your project to Mr. Linky on the JUGs blog by Thursday, November 5 at 9:00 EST. If you post to an online gallery, use the key word JUGS5. After you play along and post your card in Mr. Linky before the deadline, email
Just Us Girls and provide your email address and another link to your photo. One of us will respond with the digital Happy Holidays package just for you! How easy is that?

Here's a link to all the DT members as well as our Guest Designer, Tammy Hershberger:

Dana Gustafson
Kristin Bueter
Maria Levine
Mona Pendleton
Pam Imholz
Tracey Cuccia
Tammy Hershberger, Guest Designer

We hope you play along this week. We've had such a great response to our challenge blog after only a month, and we are so thrilled that you enjoy our challenges. This is another way to say "thanks to you"! Thanks for stopping in today, and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

LISA!!! I love your doggie and I adore this card. The layout is great and those colors - Ohh I may have to call my SU! girl. I love the cocoa, red and suede. SUPER cute all around. I won't even start with the joke I was thinking about a lamppost and your pup! :-) Rock on - get those commenting fingers ready! I think we're in for a big one :-)

Dana Gustafson said...

THIS is super cute Lisa! I love your Lizzie! She's a cutey pie. I'll bet she runs around like a maniac in the snow. I know our dogs would.

Adding the sentiment to your photo was a perfect stroke and, ha ha Pam, dog and the lamppost...hee hee hee. A perfect match I'd say!

Kristin Eberline said...

Lisa, what a perfectly written post! I should have asked you to write mine last night :O) I've edited and republished three times now! LOL

I am head over heels in LOVE with your puppy! Is she an English Setter? I'm horrible with identifying breeds, but she looks like a friend of mine's dog. Super cute!! and PERFECT for your holiday card! I LOVE how you added Tammy's sentiment directly to the photo of Lizzie! That is SUCH a clever idea and it looks soooo good on your card! I LOVE it!! I may have to actually use this set for this year's cards and add the sentiment to a pic of my puppies :O)

I also love how you colored your lamp post! It's so pretty! Your layout is fab and I LOVE your color palette...it has been on my mind since I saw your card!!

Thank you for using my set!!! It's so exciting to see my image and Tammy's sentiment put to use!

Maria said...

Awesome job! Lovw what you did for the challenge and what a cutie dog that is!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe Lisa! I am a dog lover so this card is a sure winner for me! :) I love that Lizzie is showcased right next to Kristin's beautiful Classic Lamp Post! :) I love your color combo, as it reminds me of piping mug of pepperminty hot chocolate! :)

Carole Beath said...

I love your sweet dog... she looks to be a Brittany Spaniel, but I am not sure. You asked about my sweet Heidi who is indeed an English Springer Spaniel. I love this breed and Heidi is my second Springer. Love your card.... LOVE IT.
Carole

Carol L said...

What an adorable card! From one dog lover to another - I personally love photos of pets on holiday cards! I love how you added the sentiment to the photo! It gives it a real personal touch! Great job on this :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin