Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Color Throwdown Guest Designer!

Yes! Me...Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for the month of October! I was very excited to have been asked, because they are a really talented bunch of crafty ladies! But I only hope they want to keep me after this card. LOL!! It's cute, but I really struggled with the colors and design. Maybe that's why they call it a "challenge" and maybe I'm being too hard on myself! The more I look at it, though, the more I like it!

The cute stamps are from Unity, and they are sponsoring the challenge this week. I've never used their stamps, and I must say they are very well-made and packaged so nicely. This set is called Sketchy Little Boy. The colors for this week's challenge are dark brown, dark yellow, old olive and kraft.
Here's my interpretation of those colors.
I searched through my stash of paper, and came across this retired one from SU called Good Morning Sunshine. I've always loved this paper and have used it quite a bit. I think the yellow counts as dark yellow, right? I colored the frog with three different green copic markers. I first started with the darkest one, G99, around the edges and sort of feathered the edges. I went over that with YG95, but didn't color the entire image with that...I left some white. I then used YG23, quite a brighter color, and went over the entire image with that color. It blended the colors together as well as highlighted the image. I like the way he came out. I should have put some spots on him, now that I'm thinking of it! I added crystal effects to his eyes for a more realistic look. They are so big they needed something. I followed Jen del Muro's sketch from Saturday. I love my sketches!

If you want to play in this challenge, and be entered to be the CTD Featured Designer, link your direct post to Mr. Linky on the CTD blog.

I do have another post today after this one, so please make sure you see that. It's actually a card I did for a CTD challenge in August that got me the GD spot! I'm showing it again for the Paper Makeup Stamps blog hop, so take a peek! Thanks so much for stopping by today to celebrate my great news! Have a great Wednesday!
Recipe
Stamps: Sketchy Little Boy (Unity)
Paper: PTI white, kraft, old olive, summer sun, Good Morning Sunshine dp (retired SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
Copic Markers: G99; YG23, 25; W-3, 5
Accessories: Nesties, twine, brown candy dots, crystal effects, dimensionals

13 comments:

Crystal said...

SOOOOOO Cute Lisa!! What a fun card and layout!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You ARE too hard on yourself, Lisa! This is absolutely the cutest! The whole design ROCKS, and we're so happy to have your talent with us this month!

Unknown said...

YEAH Lisa!! Congrats! Love your card -- that frog is too much!

Michelle VP said...

Oh, he's adorable! Great way to use these colors. :)

Dana Gustafson said...

WTG Lisa! Congrats n the guest designer spot! YOu are so deserving! This card is a cutie and you are a master with the copics! That teeny tiny fly stamp made me smile too!

AKiteFlier said...

Congrats Lisa - stop being so hard on yourself - this card is "hoppin", especially with that little fly" - too bad he's about to become dinner. I love the frog and your layout and the colors just rock the challenge - Way to GO, girl!!

LeAnne said...

Lisa, I am sooooo remiss in offering my congratulations to have you as our Guest Designer for October!!! I am so happy for you and us! This "little bugger" just cracked me up---and I love how you combined the sketch, too! It is a keeper, don't be so hard on yourself! :D

Mona Pendleton said...

Congratulations Lisa! What an honor! Your card is very cute! Great job with the colors & sketch :) TFS

Cathy Rulli said...

Great card!!! Welcome!!

Barbara said...

This is so cute, Lisa!!! Love that froggie and the layout if great! Welcome to the Throwdown this month!!! We're so glad to have you!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I think you nailed the colors! The frog is terrific!!

Sherry Campbell said...

Very cute card- I love that little frog- I have him and haven't used him yet. Now I am going to have to fix that! :)

dpkennedy said...

Oh Lisa, this is adorable! I am just crazy about frogs and he's a cute one! Just a great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin