Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween Treat Box

Happy Columbus Day everyone! Although good ol' Chris is kind of getting a bad rap, so I've been reading on the internet! I'm hoping he pulls himself out of the ditch, because I like this long October weekend! It was a great weekend here in Buffalo, NY and having today off is the icing on the cake! Sorry if you don't have today off, but let me enjoy my day off! :-)

I've got a cute treat box I made last night with the Fold 'n Go My Timeless Template, some Artful INKables Halloween Haunting stamps, and Basic Grey's Eerie dp. This template is the petite one that comes with the set. It would hold quite a bit of candy corn (mmmmmm....) or a few pieces of the bite size Halloween candy. I just bought the Basic Grey Eerie dp at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, yesterday along with some other goodies. (Sidebar here: Patronize your LSS ladies! There aren't many of them and they are chock full of inspiration. I love mine and visit at least once a month!)

Ok, I'm off my soapbox! LOL! I stamped each of the three images from Halloween Hauntings with Memento Tuxedo black ink on SU's Shimmery White cardstock. I was going for more of a shimmery look instead of a flat look. Since there was no coloring involved, I added some to the moon and the background with an ink pad and sponge. I attached it to the box with dimensionals, then added star dust stickles to the images and the black crystals. It really jazzed it up! And because I added sparkle, it qualifies for the Artful INKables Think Ink Tuesday challenge that ends today. You could win a grab bag of AI stamps! It also qualifies for the
2Red Bananas challenge to make a Halloween project (I just realized that I'm a day late and a dollar short for that challenge!). And what do you think of those ribbons? I tried a few things and this seemed to be the best of them. The black ribbon sort of looks like bats to me! LOL!

Also please note that the Paper Makeup Stamps challenges have changed from Mondays to Fridays. We're calling it the Makeup for the Weekend Challenge. And Friday Freebies have changed to WordArt Wednesdays. Hope you have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by today!
Recipe
Stamps: Halloween Hauntings (AI)
Paper: Shimmery white, gable green
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, only orange, gable green
Accessories: Fold 'n go My Timeless Template, ribbon, star dust stickles, dimensionals

7 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Great project Lisa...really colorful, too!

Dawn B. said...

I love this template Lisa.. I need to try this out.. Great job. Hope you enjoy your day off.. booo we don't get it off. Have fun..

Crystal said...

OOO Lisa what a CUTE treat box, teehee I jus tlove this image!!! FABULOUS project, TFS

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your project, what a great template! I am sure that someone special is going to love receiving this!

Mona Pendleton said...

If a reaper can be cute - this one sure is! I love the bright colors you used & great job with the photography! :)

Deborah Young said...

It's really cute, Lisa! I just love that little baby reaper!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh so cute, Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin