Friday, October 16, 2009

Makeup for the Weekend Challenge

Paper Makeup Stamps challenges has made a move to Fridays by popular demand, and we've changed the name from the PMS Monday challenge to Makeup for the Weekend challenge. Pretty clever, huh? We thought so! So our first challenge is to make an ATC (artist trading card). They are a small canvas on which to work (2.5" x 3.5"), and they are usually traded. My ATC is pretty simple, but cute, and I liked it so much that I didn't want it to be left alone, so I attached it to a card right away. Here's my ATC.I had this smaller snowman from Snow Happy, a PMS new release, all stamped and ready to go. I took my color direction from this ribbon I just picked up recently. The riding hood red piece was run through a snowflake cuttlebug, and the image is mounted on a piece of handsome hunter that was run through an scalloped oval nestie. The image is colored with copics and I added star dust stickles (of course). I placed two small red crystals where his buttons should be. Cute, easy, and FAST!!

So he was so cute that I couldn't just allow him to be left alone. I attached him to a card...I don't trade these or do swaps, therefore he became a card! Here's the card with the ATC attached.I took a piece of sahara sand (which matched my ribbon) that I had on my table from another project and stamped it with a swirl from
Dream Big in handsome hunter. The ink was very dark, so I stamped off the ink before stamping it on the sahara sand. I punched the sides with the MS flourish punch, and matted it on a piece of red so it just peeked out from behind. That was all matted on a handsome hunter base. The snowflakes were punched with another MS punch. I covered them with glue and sprinkled some chunky glitter on top. This is something I saw my friend Cheryl Rowley do, and she originally got the idea from Anna Wight. I placed a green crystal brad in the middle. That's it! It was a very easy and fun card to do! Doing that little ATC really helped forge my creativity!

We'd love to see what you can do with an ATC. Stop by the
PMS blog to get some inspiration for the weekned! You can post the direct link to your creation to Mr. Linky on the PMS blog. If you post to an online forum, please use the key word (it's a long one!) makeup4theweekend01 so we can find your cards. Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Snow Happy and Dream Big (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, sahara sand, riding hood red, handsome hunter
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Copic Markers: R29, 59; G29, 29; YR07; W-1
Accessories: Nesties, cuttlebug folder, ribbon, MS flourish and snowflake punches, star dust stickles, crystal brad, dimensionals

8 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What an adorable lil' snowman card Lisa! I love the traditional Christmas colors! The embossing on the red cs really pops out & the shimmery snowflakes are just fab! :) TFS

Crystal said...

Lisa these are DARLING CARDS!!! I love this snowman image, your colors and the added texture!

Kim said...

Oh Lisa, I love that!

Tina said...

This is awesome Lisa! I love the little snowman too.

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is mojolicious! OMG I love it - I've never done an ATC so I might just have to try one - except I'm gone all weekend - I'll see if it plays out - You are SO creative and I truly love your style :-) Love that little bling in the corner.

Velta said...

How cute is this!!! adorable image and I love the size!

Randee E said...

I love that snowman and the way you colored him. He looks so cute sitting there on that little easel :0)

Cheryl said...

So cute! Great colors and I like the stamped bg!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin