Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge

Hi everyone! Today is my second week of being Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown challenge blog! I'm late posting this because I wasn't feeling well...I found out I have bursitis! Pray you never get this because it's very painful! Anyway, I did have my card done on Monday night, which is a first for me to have something done two days in advance! LOL! Anyway, here are the colors for this week.I KNEW I could handle this one! I just love chocolate and blue together! Today's sponser is Simon Says Stamp and they are offering a $20 gift certificate with free shipping! They also gave me the cutest animal images to work with called Zoo Animal Vacation. Here's what I did. I used the giraffe in the set because I really think they are an amazing animal! He's stamped in Chocolate Chip on the Sahara Sand cardstock and then colored with the Y00, Y000, and Y000 yellow copic markers. I also used B52 blue to accent his horns and tail. I added Star Dust stickles to them as well. The Chocolate Chip cardstock is the textured kind for more interest. I went through my extensive stash of dp and came up with SU's retired Urban Garden. The ribbon is actually River Rock, but it looks so much like Sahara Sand! The accents are also from Simon Says. I used the Mojo Monday sketch from this week as my starting point., but flipped it to accommodate my image.

So what do you think? Can you handle this color combo? If so, please link your direct post to Mr. Linky on the Color Throwdown blog and use the keyword CTD64 if you post to an online gallery.

Thanks for stopping in today! Tomorrow we have the new releases from Artful INKables and a blog hop to show them off! Please stop by again!
Recipe
Stamps: Zoo Animal Vacation (Simon Says Stamp)

Paper: Sahara sand, chocolate chip textured, Urban Garden dp (retired SU)
Ink: Chocolate chip
Copic Markers: Y00, Y000, Y0000; B52
Accessories: Adhesive flowers, pearls, nesties, oval punches, corner rounder, ribbon, star dust stickles, dimensionals

13 comments:

Michelle VP said...

What a great color combo for this week's challenge. Love how you worked it in with this sweet giraffe. Hope you feel better soon. :)

LeAnne said...

Lisa, we are so happy to have you stamping & creating with us, despite your painful bursitis! This is just adorable, and what a great layout!!! Perfecto!

Unknown said...

Wow - this card is adorable! The colors compliment one another perfectly!

Broni said...

This is a WONDERFUL card, Lisa!!! I love how you used the colors and all the scallops too!!

Unknown said...

LOVE this Lisa!! I'm hoping to get to play along -- great colors... :) Happy mid-week {{HUGS}} :)

Barbara said...

Fantastic, Lisa! Love how you flipped the sketch!

Crystal said...

This is fantastic Lisa, WOW I love how you used these colors...ADORABLE creation!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Lisa! Your giraffe card is just darling! I love it & I love that color combo!!!! Thanks for the inspiration to play along!!! :)

Cathy Rulli said...

Great job - cool sketch!

Tammy Hershberger said...

And I will testify to the fact that it was done on Monday night! Too, too cute, Lisa! You rocked these colors, that cute stamp set AND the mojo sketch!

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable Lisa! I love that sweet giraffe and that's a great layout!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is total mojoliciousness! What an ADORABLE giraffe - you rocked the mojo sketch and color throwdown was no throwdown for you - you had it in the bag girl!!! Love it. hugs!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH LISA! What sweet work! You made our little giraffe come to life! Thank you!
Heidi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin