Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Final CTD Guest Designer Spot

Today marks my final day as a guest designer for the Color Throwdown for the month of October, and it has been a blast! This week, the colors were a REAL challenge for me!Would you have put these colors together if it weren't for a challenge? I wouldn't, but I guess that's the challenge! I kind of liked it in the end, too! Here's what I did with them. I used a new stamp from Paper Makeup Stamps. It's from the Moody Girl line, and this one is called Moody for Snow. (The sentiment is from the Snow Happy set also by PMS.) I colored her with copic markers in the challenge colors and added star dust stickles to the snowflakes and her clothing. The bordering blue and elegant eggplant rectangles were run through the cuttlebug with a snowflake folder. The background dp is from SU's Razzleberry Lemonade. The satin ribbon is one I picked up at AC Moore that matched the rich razzleberry perfectly. The snowflake is something I had in my stash from last year. I used this week's Mojo sketch, which was also a challenge for me! I'm really challenging myself today! LOL!!

If you'd like to try this challenge, post your direct link to the CTD blog and use the keyword CTD66 if you post to any online gallery. I know the girls have some fabulous designs for you to get your creative juices flowing, so make sure you stop by there and leave them some love!

I'd like to thank the girls at the Color Throwdown for inviting me to be their guest designer this month. It was truly an honor to be part of their team!

Thanks for stopping in today!
Recipe
Stamps: Moody for Snow and Snow Happy set (PMS)
Paper: Bordering blue, elegant eggplant, rich razzleberry, PTI white, Razzleberry Lemonade
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, rich razzleberry
Copic Markers: E00, 02, Y17, 38; YR24; B93; BV08, 17; RV17, 19; R32; W-1
Accessories: Nesites, satin ribbon, snowflake, star dust stickles, cuttlebug snowflake folder,dimensionals

10 comments:

Broni said...

Beautifully colored and that darling image worked great for that layout too! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer! Your artwork is fabulous!!!

LeAnne said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous! Your presence this month made the CTD even more wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us too! I was glad you & Broni did a snowy theme because I thought the colors would be "cool"!!!

Katie Cotton said...

i love it!!!

AKiteFlier said...

WOw Lis... this is fantastic! I love your coloring on that PMS stamp. (hmm I ust realized what their initials are LOL LOL) almost as good as JUGS ;-) Super fun card! You've done a great job with CTD this month. We are PROUD of you!!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great card - thanks so much for joining us!

Kim Harper said...

Wow Lisa,

This is such a great take on the sketch. Your card is so beautiful. Your colouring is so neat! It looks great!
Thanks for sharing!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! You did such an awesome job with coloring the image! I like all the embossing detail as well! You did an outstanding job with the CTD girls! :) TFS

Andrea M said...

Stunning card!!! Just gorgeous! Love the dry embossing on the pretty purple and silver paper :) Great image with fantastic coloring too.

Cheryl said...

Well, you sure made the colors work! Great card!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Lisa!!! Love that image and your coloring is just wonderful! We've so enjoyed having you as our guest designer this month!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin